The openly gay mayor of West Sacramento says that he's spotted state Sen. Roy Ashburn (R), who has racked up a consistently anti-gay voting record over the years, at gay clubs a number of times.
[...]
CBS13's Koula Gianulias also reports that [West Sac Mayor Christopher] Cabaldon called out Ashburn in a Facebook posting about six months ago.
"It wouldn't bother me so bad to see Roy Ashburn at Badlands with a boy if he didn't have such a bad voting record on gay rights," he wrote.
If memory serves me right, this guy Ashburn was best man at my boss's wedding or some such thing. They're certainly good friends. [Making clear: I have absolutely no suspicions about my boss. He may be a conservative Republican, but I'll grant him the courage of his convictions. He's no hypocrit.] I'm dying to ask him about this whole episode, but I dare not for fear I'll show my glee...


No comments:
Post a Comment