6.17.2009

The Stoopid: They Write Letters

SLO Tribune, June 17
American history
Ijust got back from five weeks in Spain. My wife and I went to walk the Camino of St. James. Along the way, we met people from all over Europe, and during our conversations one person from Denmark remarked as to how thrilled she was that Obama was going to remake America into a Europeanstyle country.

During the days that followed, this statement bothered me. Then I realized that when Obama was in his youth, he went to a Muslim school in Indonesia and he must have missed the American history part of his education. The reason that there is an America was to escape the restraints of Europe.

The reason most of the governments of Europe changed was because of America — and that’s a change for the better. Our president seems very deficient when it comes to American history. He just has his teleprompter to tell him what to say.

I don’t want us to become like Europe. I feel that Obama is trying to get us to go that way. By the way, five weeks of no Obama in the news every day was wonderful. I see that the media’s love affair is still strong.

Terry S.
Oceano
[emphasis added.]

No comments:

Post a Comment