1.20.2009

What Next for the Bushies?

Karma begins to work its magic....

The [final Bush admin.] party, organized by outgoing White House Chief of Staff Josh Bolten and his predecessor, Andy Card, was held in a room with no heating. They couldn't get any entertainers, because they'd already been booked for better events.

"Are these all white people -- I mean White House people?" I asked someone in a genuine Freudian slip. Turned out the crowd was a mix of alumni from the White House, State Department, Treasury, and Justice and a few campaign workers. The mood felt more sweet than bitter. Many staffers had spent the weekend clearing out their offices. The question I kept hearing was "What's next?" Some were applying to grad schools, others were heading to D.C. law firms or think tanks, and others were returning to their home states or traveling. One outgoing Treasury employee had already landed a job as a manager at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Bankruptcy can't be too far off for A&F.

ADDING: The Inaugural Parade as seen through George W. Bush's eyes...

No comments:

Post a Comment