In an apparent violation of the law, a controversial aide to ex-Gov. Mitt
Romney created phony law enforcement badges that he and other staffers used on
the campaign trail to strong-arm reporters, avoid paying tolls and trick
security guards into giving them immediate access to campaign venues, sources
told the Herald.
The bogus badges were part of the bizarre security tactics allegedly
employed by Jay Garrity, the director of operations for Romney who is under
investigation for impersonating a law enforcement officer in two states. Garrity
is on a leave of absence from the campaign while the probe is ongoing.
A campaign source said Garrity directed underlings on Romney’s presidential
staff to use the badges at events nationwide to create an image of security and
to ensure that the governor’s events went smoothly.
I guess it's just symptomatic of the self-important political mind that these people truly believe they are above the law. In Romney's case, they apparently believe they are the law. What a bunch of schlubs. I always wish somebody like this would show up here in San Luis Obispo sometime. Reminds me of the time I got tossed from a Newt Gingrich rally at the SLO train station. They weren't letting "protesters" in behind their little velvet rope, so I covered up my "hellraiser" t-shirt and snuck in. Once ol' Newt took to the podium I started, well, raising a little hell. I'd love to get 86'd by one of Romney's phony wannabe henchmen. Next call would be to my attorney.


No comments:
Post a Comment