7.18.2007

It's up to you not to heed the call up....

Max Blumenthal of The Nation went deep into the heart of darkness last week when he attended the College Republican National Convention in Washington, but not before first visting a different gathering of young adult Americans. This is a story of bravery vs. chickenheartedness:




On July 13, 2007, I visited Section 60 of Arlington National Cemetery,
where the bodies of American soldiers killed in Iraq were freshly interred.
Afterwards, I headed across the street to the Sheraton National Hotel, owned by
right-wing Korean cult leader Sun Myung-Moon, to meet some of the war's most
fervent supporters at the College Republican National Convention.




In conversations with at least twenty College Republicans about the war in
Iraq, I listened as they lip-synched discredited cant about "fighting them over
there so we don't have to fight them over here." Many of the young GOP cadres I
met described the so-called "war on terror" as nothing less than the cause of
their time.



Max had a few questions for the chickenhawks.




Click the link, these people are unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment