10.08.2013

Leading Light (of Stupid)

This man is one of the most revered "thinkers" in the conservative movement.  He is also one of the most powerful men in the country, capable of shaping the law and influencing policy to fit his [decidedly 13th-century] worldview.
SENIOR: Isn’t it terribly frightening to believe in the Devil? 
SCALIA: You’re looking at me as though I’m weird. My God! Are you so out of touch with most of America, most of which believes in the Devil? I mean, Jesus Christ believed in the Devil! It’s in the Gospels! You travel in circles that are so, so removed from mainstream America that you are appalled that anybody would believe in the Devil! Most of mankind has believed in the Devil, for all of history. Many more intelligent people than you or me have believed in the Devil. 
SENIOR:I hope you weren’t sensing contempt from me. It wasn’t your belief that surprised me so much as how boldly you expressed it. 
SCALIA: I was offended by that. I really was.   --Booman Tribune

No comments:

Post a Comment