2.24.2012

The Best Health Care System in the World

Regular readers of this trashy blog will recall that last year this lowly blogger's health insurance premiums (through Anthem Blue Cross, natch) were raised 34% in one fell swoop. I bumped the annual deductible up from $2500 to $5000 to offset the change, but as I stand at the precipice of my sixth decade on this big blue marble (yes, it's true!), and facing all the usual expenses of becoming an old fart, they've gone and jacked my monthly up another 12.8%. And that's before the arrival of the actual 50th birthday!

So now, in terms of raw dollars, I will have to pay $9000 out of pocket annually for coverage ($4000 if I never see a doctor) before Anthem will even kick in one thin dime. I'd hate to think what's facing a family with 4 or 5 or 6 kids.

That's thegreatestfuckinghealthcaresystemontheplanet.

No comments:

Post a Comment