6.28.2011

Tom Petty to Teabaggers: "Quit Using My Music!!"

The GF and I were watching Michelle Bachmann's presidential candidacy announcement speech last night on C-SPAN -- yes, I know, not only am I a glutton for punishment but I force my neuroses on other innocent victims as well -- when Tom Petty's "American Girl" came on just as she finished. I turned to her and said: "I promise you, by the end of the day tomorrow Tom Petty will be demanding that she stop using that song."

Didn't take that long...
“NBC News: @TomPetty unhappy with Michele Bachmann’s use of "American Girl" and in process of issuing [a cease and desist] letter,” Matt Ortega reported on Twitter only hours after hours after Bachmann used the popular song to kick off her campaign.

1 comment:

  1. She shoulda used Cat Scratch Fever or Stormtroopin'. He wouldn't mind.

    ReplyDelete