2.22.2011

Memo to Those Opposed to Income Tax Increases

If you're like me, there's a greater chance that you'll be struck by lightning between now and the day you die than there is that you'll one day find yourself in the same tax bracket as people who earn $250,000 or more per year. Oh sure, don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to growing rich, but probably the only way you or I will ever get there is if we win the lottery (or Jeopardy! in my case)...and what kind of retirement plan is that? So come on, STOP siding with the millionaires and billionaires*.

[*Nota bene: A 3% tax increase on incomes over $250,000 amounts to a $7,500 bump on someone who makes $500,000 a year. Now really, how hard is that should that be to swallow if it could save the middle class?]

No comments:

Post a Comment