1.07.2011

Dreamland

Had a vivid early dawn dream in which several old friends came up to SLO for a visit. We were debating whether to head back down to SB when we learned that Steel Pulse was playing. We happened to meet up with their promoter (or some such) in the afternoon before the show and I asked him if we could get backstage to meet the band.

"I first saw Steel Pulse play 25 years ago," I told him.
"Can't be," he said. "I would know."

Not wanting to get in a big argument with him about it -- already did that with Exene about her kid -- I said, "Okay maybe it was 1988 or 1989."

"Coulda been."

Well, I checked it out, Mr. Whoever-You-Were-in-My-Dream, and it was 1985, September 28, 1985, to be exact. T and A were working "security," and they talked me into going. It was awesome....

No comments:

Post a Comment