11.07.2010

It's Safe to go Back to McDonald's Again

You may have read a while back about that humorless New York vegetarian lady who let a McDonald's Happy Meal [not] rot on her living room coffee table for 6 months. [As an aside, I'll bet social evenings over at her house are a real hoot!]

Anyway, as reported, the Happy Meal burger went largely unchanged for 180 days, the implication being who in his or her right mind would want to put that garbage inside themselves (except for persons trying to save a few bucks on embalming fluid and/or formaldehyde, of course).

Well, as a Mickey D's aficionado, this story kinda bummed me out. We all know, or we should, anyway, that there's no better hangover cure in the world than a McDonald's cheeseburger with fries (except maybe the hair of the dog, but that's a different story). I can't tell you how many Saturday mornings I've spent waiting for the clock to hit 10:30am so I could head on down to Mac's for the sweet relief of a QPw/cheese and a larger order of fries.

Now comes word, through the miracle of the scientific method, that it's not just McDonald's cheeseburgers that don't rot, turns out no burgers of similar size and consistency to Ray Kroc's creation will go bad -- including homemade with grade-A ground chuck and a store bought bun. Something about the "small size and large surface area" allowing the food to dry out quickly and dodge the decomposition bullet (kinda like dried fruit, I suppose, only more less edible).

Whew. I feel better, and it makes McDonalds' defense ("Our burgers do too rot!") all the more understandable.

Whoa, would you look at that? It's 10:29am! Off to the drive-through.

2 comments:

  1. wow, this is a bit disturbing to think about ... I mean, I guess the food is not really harmful but it still is not exactly what you want to hear about the fast food you choose to eat


    http://factoidz.com/ediets-meal-review-ordering-options-and-coupon-code/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know they are continually checking on every lead to ensure what we know is accurate. I'm not a connoisseur of McD's. But, I like to know, when I do make the occasional visit, I don't have to worry about what I am putting in my body.

    ReplyDelete