8.22.2010

Elevator Music: Oy!

Was down in the greater LA area for the last coupla days and I found myself killing some time in the Laguna Hills Mall, which is not really notable for any particular reason except that the mood music playing over the stereo system was "TNT" by AC/DC.

This struck me as a bit odd, to say the least. As I walked up to the front doors I noticed a guy tending to his infant child in a stroller. That's when I noticed the strains of Bon Scott and the boys..."women to the left of me, women to the right, ain't got no gun, ain't got no knife, but I'll win the fight..." Strange.

When I walked through entrance, there was an elderly guy sitting on a bench, probably waiting for his wife to finish up in JC Penny, when Bon said "I'm dirty, mean, mighty unclean, I'm a wanted man..." Weird.

I know the baby-boomers are getting on in age and it's not uncommon to hear the Beatles or the Rolling Stones or even Led Zeppelin on a mall music track, but AC/DC? TNT?? Dy-no-mite! Oy!

No comments:

Post a Comment