8.24.2010

A Boy and His Dog

They're holding a noontime rally in front of the SLO County Courthouse today for the hapless Chuck Hoage and his lost dog Annie. That's Chuck in the right foreground getting interviewed by the local media. I can't help but think there's more to this story, but Annie is the pooch that ran off one day and -- in a SNAFU of epic proportions -- got herself adopted out to another family the day before Chuck went down to the pound to pick her up. Now the other family is refusing to give her back. They've had her for about two weeks; Chuck had her for eight years. That ain't right. You can check out the Chuck and Annie Facebook page here.

Look, I'm down with Chuck. He needs to get that dog back. But when those DFHs all gathered 'round and starting singing James Taylor's You've Got a Friend [key lyric: "You just call out my name, and I'll come runnin'..." Get it?!?] I knew it was time for me to go. I'm mean, why not Me and You and a Dog Named Boo?


No comments:

Post a Comment