So, from what I've been able to discern, it seems that most Republican partisans are all-in with McCain, a man whose major policy positions are virtually indistinguishable from those of George W. Bush, a man many, if not most, Republican partisans say they've come to loathe over the past few years. "Bush is not conservative enough" is the general (albeit ridiculous) mantra. And McCain is?
To them I say, take a look around, for God's sake: foreign policy...a shambles; economy...a shambles; housing market...a shambles; education...a shambles; health care...a shambles; global reputation...a shambles; the presidency...a shambles.
To them I say, take a look around, for God's sake: foreign policy...a shambles; economy...a shambles; housing market...a shambles; education...a shambles; health care...a shambles; global reputation...a shambles; the presidency...a shambles.
If you really want four more years down the same godforsaken rabbit hole, then by all means vote for John Dubya McCain. If not, you really have but one choice. His name is Obama.
It's an unfortunate construct of our fractured political system that in the end we are left with only two viable options. Me? I'm choosing to come up for air, even if it means for the time being I'm only treading water.
It's an unfortunate construct of our fractured political system that in the end we are left with only two viable options. Me? I'm choosing to come up for air, even if it means for the time being I'm only treading water.


No comments:
Post a Comment